Shenzhen/ Shanghai, China
• Identify new assets/companies/areas of innovation through industry and academic network.
• Drive and coordinate the complete process of search, evaluation and due diligence.
• Focus on preclinical- and clinical-stage opportunities, particularly in the fields of oncology, hematology, inflammation, infectious diseases and other adjacent therapeutic areas.
• Drive project initiation and decision making in a matrix environment.
• Identity key risks and competitive landscapes, and present unbiasedly to senior management.
• Align with broader BD team for transaction & alliance management, ensure smooth project handover.
• Strengthen networking in scientific community and biopharma industry.
• Track opportunities and report projects’ progress via database application and BD dashboard.
• Proactively monitor business environment of biopharma industry in China and across the globe, maintain and update knowledge base of competitors’ transactions and other BD activities.
• Be responsive to potential partners, maintain and enhance the company’s reputation.
• At least 8 years biotech/pharma experience in China.
• Track record in the scientific evaluation of innovative drug assets.
• Good project management skills, with ability of multitasking to meet challenging deadlines.
• Good analytical skills, knowledgeable in biostatistics and/or bioinformatics.
• Good interpersonal and intercultural skills, with ability to drive and motivate cross-functional teams.
• Broad network in the biopharma industry and academia in China.
• Outstanding presentation skills.